Expensive (& Common) Wedding Planning Mistakes
Congratulations! You're getting married. You'll soon come to realize that planning your wedding is no small task. Here are some common mistakes that we hope you'll avoid along the way.
1. Don't Try to Do It All Yourself
There is a reason why professionals specialize in different aspects of weddings. We're talking about professionals like wedding planners, florists, photographers, DJs, etc. They have vast experience and important business partnerships that will save you both time and money. So, instead of trying to tackle these difficult jobs yourself, turn to the professionals!
2. Don't Forget Your Day-Of Emergency Kit
We've all heard about those wardrobe malfunctions or day-of snafus. Unfortunately these things do happen. Here are some things you might want to pack ahead of time in your emergency kit:
- A needle, thread, and some safety pins
- White chalk – for masking stains
- Tissues – for if someone starts to tear up
- Pain killers – for those unexpected headaches
- Hairspray – to save a bad hair day
- Box of crackers – there is not always much time to eat on the day of the wedding
- Breath mints or a travel toothbrush
- Makeup – for those quick touch ups
- Small mirror
- Comfy inserts for shoes
3. Don't Forget to Protect Your Wedding Investment
Severe weather could roll in right at the wrong time. Your venue, photographer, or any vendor for that matter, could face a problem and be unable to provide their contracted services. Wouldn't it be nice to know that your big day is covered? On average, wedding insurance policies can cost you less than your three-tiered wedding cake, but could potentially save you tens of thousands of dollars and safeguard your wedding-related investments should things go wrong. Disasters before or during events, even weddings, can happen to anyone. Consider protecting your investment with wedding insurance from WedSafe, so you can have peace of mind, too. They have two insurance packages that can help you:
- Cancellation Coverage: If circumstances beyond your control such as severe weather or sudden illness force you to postpone or cancel your wedding, this coverage may provide reimbursement for losses and expenses. You may be covered for more than just cancellation or postponement! It can also protect against vendor bankruptcy, damage to wedding photos, attire, jewelry, gifts and more.
- Liability Coverage: Most wedding facilities require you to get $1,000,000 in liability coverage. Pay attention to the insurance clauses early in the game to avoid potential catch-up expenses at the last moment. WedSafe offers a quick, easy and affordable way to meet venue requirements. They work with thousands of venues across the country, and proof of insurance is emailed to them directly, immediately upon purchase.
A wedding can be one of life's major expenses. That's why savvy wedding planners and couples are saying "I do" to wedding insurance! Learn more about how WedSafe can protect you.
Make sure all your wedding details go smoothly when your wedding is covered by WedSafe
wedding insurance. WedSafe provides financial protection and peace-of-mind for all aspects of your wedding. Get your
no-cost, no-obligation quote today for WedSafe – the wedding insurance chosen by more couples than any other.