28 Questions to Ask a Wedding DJ
To find the right wedding DJ or band, you need to think beyond the music, since this is the person who will lead your reception, and set the mood, tone and pace for you and your guests. Make sure your wedding DJ has a personality that matches your wedding style. To get the right fit, start your search early, as the best wedding DJs book up early. Take good notes when you talk with each wedding DJ and try to see them at another wedding before you book. Here are the top questions to ask your wedding DJ before you book one, or book a band.
- Do you have my date available?
- How many weddings do you perform a year?
- How would you describe your style?
- What different packages do you offer?
- How long do you play for?
- When do you take breaks? How long? What is happening musically during this time?
- How many musicians are in the band? How many vocalists? Can we choose how many to hire?
- What makes you and your services unique?
- Have you worked at my venue before?
- Can you act as the emcee for our wedding?
- How long will you need for setup, sound check and take down?
- Do you supply all of your own equipment?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- How many people from your company will be there for my wedding?
- If a representative for multiple DJs, am I guaranteed that the DJ I want will be there?
- How extensive is your music library? What genres are included?
- Can I choose my playlist? And my “do not play” list?
- Can you accommodate song requests from guests?
- Can we come see you perform live?
- Do you offer a photo booth? Lighting? Video screens?
- What is your plan if the power goes out during the reception? Or if a piece of equipment fails?
- What does the band/DJ wear?
- Can you provide any references from recent weddings?
- Will we meet closer to the wedding to discuss song details?
- How is payment handled? Do you offer a payment plan? Accepted methods?
- What is the deposit amount?
- When is final payment due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
We hope this list was helpful in developing your questions to ask a wedding DJ. No matter how good your DJ may be, other things can go wrong as you approach your big day. That’s why it’s a good idea to help protect yourself and the many investments you’ve made in your wedding with affordable
wedding insurance from WedSafe. Once coverage is in effect, losses for covered events can be quickly reimbursed. Get a
no-cost, no-obligation quote now. WedSafe provides you with the peace-of-mind you need -- for your biggest and most beautiful day!