Wedding Planning Checklist
Download our Wedding Planning Checklist
Did you know that the average engagement in the U.S. lasts sixteen months? While that can seem like a long time to plan a wedding, there are many details to think about! That’s why it’s a good idea to make a wedding planning checklist that’s coordinated to your timeline.
From booking your venue to creating your registry of gifts, you’ll have plenty of wedding-related tasks to handle in the coming months. Here is a sample wedding checklist that covers the major items, along with a suggested timeline. Limit your stress by getting organized, asking for help, and checking off each task as you accomplish it. Remember to have fun, enjoy yourselves, and take time along the way to relax and recharge. You’ve got a big day -- and a bright future -- ahead!
16 – 9 Months Out
- Start looking through magazines and on websites such as Pinterest for inspiration. Put all your ideas in one place, or start your own wedding board.
- Determine your budget. Figure out how much you can spend based on all contributions.
- Choose your wedding party and ask them to participate.
- Start your preliminary guest list.
- Hire a wedding planner if desired.
- Explore ceremony and reception venues, checking on potential dates, and reserve.
- Book your officiant.
- Explore photographers, DJs or bands, florists and caterers.
- Attend engagement parties thrown in your honor.
- Send out save-the-date postcards.
8 Months Out
- Hire your photographer and videographer.
- Book your DJ or band.
- Meet with caterers.
- Order your dress.
- Reserve a block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.
- Create your gift registries.
- Launch your wedding website.
6-7 Months Out
- Order invitations.
- Start your honeymoon planning.
- Look for bridesmaid dresses.
- Map out your ceremony with your officiant.
- Choose and book your florist.
- Arrange bridal party transportation.
4-5 Months Out
- Book the rehearsal venue.
- Attend tastings, choose your baker and order your cake.
- Send your guest list to your shower host.
- Order your veil, shoes and other accessories.
- Schedule your first dress fitting.
- Try out makeup and hair artists; book your favorite.
- Choose your music playlist for your reception.
3 Months Out
- Finalize your menu.
- Finalize your flowers.
- Order favors and plan your welcome baskets.
- Ask those whom you’d like to make toasts to participate.
- Finalize your readings and ask those whom you’d like to do them.
- Buy your undergarments.
- Schedule your second fitting.
- Finalize the order of your ceremony.
- Finalize the order of your reception.
- Get menu cards and programs printed.
- Purchase your rings.
- Send your schedule to your vendors.
- Mail your invitations.
2 Months Out
- Touch base with all vendors.
- Meet with your photographer and videographer.
- Review the playlist with your DJ or band.
- Enjoy your shower(s) and your bachelorette party.
1 Month Out
- Track RSVPs.
- Get your marriage license.
- Schedule your final dress fitting.
- Confirm times with all vendors.
- Map out your seating plan.
- Purchase bridesmaids’ gifts.
- Write your vows.
- Send a contact list and timeline to the bridal party.
- Pick up your dress.
- Set aside checks and tips for vendors.
- Book your wedding mani/pedi.
- Drop off welcome baskets.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
Planning your perfect wedding day is hard work, and you’ll be relying on a lot of different people along the way. Take some of the stress away by protecting yourself and your many investments in your wedding with
wedding insurance from WedSafe. WedSafe offers protection in the event of loss, damage and theft of your wedding items, and even if a vendor fails to come through for you. It can also protect you in the event your wedding needs to be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. Get a
no-cost, no-obligation quote today and see how easy and affordable it is to protect yourself – and your big day – from financial difficulties.